AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with setting up tables

Question asked by WIlliamCopp on Jun 27, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Help with setting up tables

Ill try to keep this simple.

I am creating a FM Go "app" that I can use to test out different conference rooms we have in our office - One main portion of it will be a database of all the equipment with setup info / manuals / models / ID tags / etc. That is working out ok. 

The other part is being able to click on a particular room and have it bring up all eligible questions that apply to that room. 

I started with a Rooms table with info like seating, Room ID (which is also related to individual equipment IDs so it can pull a list of all equipment in the room). 

The other table would be for questions - I do not necessarily need to log the individual answers to these questions as they are really few and far between and I would just make a table to log incidents with details in there. So the table would be something like

Questions

-Question Text

-Room ID

The issue here is that one question can be in more than one room. I am trying to make a pool of about 30-40 questions that many rooms may use the same one, some may only use a few, some may use all 40. I am stumped on how to set up my relationships this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Outcomes