AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with showing related record details

Question asked by pastormarkfuss on Jun 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 by pastormarkfuss

Title

Help with showing related record details

I am quite new to FileMaker, having been using it for just over a month now. I have read quite a bit of documentation and watched a number of helpful videos in an attempt to learn more about the program. I am very much a novice at FileMaker and I have run into a bit of an issue and I hope that a more experience user can help me to resolve.

I am trying to do something that seems, in my mind at least, to be relatively simple. I want to design a layout that incorporates a portal on the left side of the layout and details about the selected or active portal row on the right side of the layout. The solution I am trying to build is for my church. The portal on the left side of the layout displays a list of church families by household. On the right hand side of the layout I want the details for the currently selected household to display [things such as address, telephone number, etc.]. I can get the portal to display without any problem. The trouble I am having is with the details display on the right hand side of the layout. The details that I want to display will show up only for the topmost household in the portal.

I have attached  a screenshot of what I have been able to come up with so far.

Does anyone have an easy solution for my dilema? Please bear in mind that I am both new to FileMaker and I am not a programmer/developer, so I'll need a simplified answer.

Thanks.

Snap92.png

Outcomes