3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 8:43 AM by philmodjunk

Help with TAB CONTROL PANELS

CarlFritsche

Title

Help with TAB CONTROL PANELS

I have a tab control on my layout with 8 tabs, I placed a container on one of my tabs and it appeared on all of them. Not sure why this is happening, anyone have any ideas?

I have also had this happen when I have added a field to a particular tab, it will show up on all of the tabs. If I delete it from the tab(s) I DON'T want it on then it will disappear from the all of them including the one I need it on. This behavior also occurs with the container.

• 1. Re: Help with TAB CONTROL PANELS
          philmodjunk

Usually this indicates that you have a header layout part and that the tab control touches or crosses the boundary line between header and footer. Move th tab control down until this is no longer the case and this issue should disappear.

Hint: Since tab controls are most often used on form view layouts, you may find that you can remove the header layout part from this layout and then this issue is no longer possible on that layout.

• 2. Re: Help with TAB CONTROL PANELS
            CarlFritsche

I double checked and the only part I have on this layout is the body and the only view I have available for the layout is the form view.

• 3. Re: Help with TAB CONTROL PANELS
              philmodjunk

Make sure that your tab control is not locked and that the boundaries of the object you are placing into the tab panel are fully inside the limits of the tab panel. One quick check to see if the object so placed has become part of the tab panel is to move the tab control a few pixels to see if the object you placed on the tab panel moves with it or not.