1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 7:53 AM by philmodjunk

Help with template for geophysical grid

thomasfinan

Title

Help with template for geophysical grid

Hi, this is a first posting in a long while and I hope that this is in the right place.

I have what I think is a simple problem, but at the moment I'm not able to get my head around what I need to do.  I need to make a database app for iPad that will allow a user to collect a data point on a grid, and the iPad will effectively tell the the user what grid point he or she is at.  to start off the grids will be standard 20 x 20 grids, and the user will begin at point 1,1 and move to 1,2 until the row is completed.  they then move to row two, etc.

it would be helpful to add a designation letter for the grid as the data is collected...ie., the user will fill in a form first, asking the user to supply a site and grid reference.  later i can add the size of the grid and all.

I know this is asking for a lot, but I would have thought that there would be something like this out there fairly readily...but i can't find anything.

thanks very much

• 1. Re: Help with template for geophysical grid
          philmodjunk

Can you describe that in more detail--in particular what you want the user to be able to see on the screen when doing this?

I can imagine way too many approaches for this and thus need narrow things down more closely to what you have in mind here?

Then if you can identify the parts of this process that you are unable to figure out, it will help me to avoid telling you how to do the parts that you do know how to do.