Why size the field differently on your report layout?
Simplest fix is to make the field larger. If you can't make it any wider, you can still make it many lines taller and then use the "Slide up", "also resize enclosing part" settings for this field in the inspector to shrink the field vertically to it's smallest possible size for each record.
Key facts about sliding:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below a slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Only objects in the body will slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
How can I eliminate the empty spaces to the right of each sentence & maybe insert a comma or semi colon between each sentence
Put a calculation field with this expression on your layout in place of the original text field:
Substitute ( YourTextField ; ¶ ; "; " )