AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with understanding Portal Formating

Question asked by Thewack on Feb 1, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2010 by Thewack

Title

Help with understanding Portal Formating

Since my last post I have revamped my user interface completely but now I am strugling with "portals".  I am new to FMP9 but not relational databases so I understand the use of portals for viewing related data.

In my application I have a simple db that I use for my small woodworking business.  I have a tab set that has most of the order and customer information on the first tab and the line item information on the second tab.  

I can get a portal to work well betweeen the Orders table and the LineItems table but I cant seem to get the portal to look correct.  Currently I have the portal set to 5 lines (line item records). Each record set has LineItemID, LineItemQuantity, LineItemDescription, LinerItemPrice and a calculated field LineItemExtendedPrice.  They scroll through the records correctly related to the customer and order info on the first tab but they are limited to a single line of viewable text. Okay if my customer wants a Chair but not when they want something a bit more complex.  I have expermented with sliding but I just cant seem to put it all together to make it look and work right.

Any help or pointers to appropriate posts would be great!

Jack sends

FileMakerPro 9 iMac OSX 

Outcomes