1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2009 10:54 AM by TSGal

Help with visual issue

dan560

Title

Help with visual issue

I have not been able to find out how to place dots after a varying length description. I have found out how to put dots at  the bottom of the text area, all the way through the whole description. However the person in charge of the price list does not like how it looks, it was done before with a formula, but I'm guessing a update changed that. What is happening to a formula now is that it is cutting off the last word in the description and not displaying the dots. We want them there to follow across the page to the price of the part.

• 1. Re: Help with visual issue
          TSGal

dan560:

Thank you for your post.

If the last word is being cut off, then perhaps the field isn't wide enough.  Another option is to use a mono-space font like Courier.  That is, each character takes up the same amount of space.  Then, you can use a calculation to display each line.  For example, if each line before the Price field is 100 characters, the formula would be:

Left ( Description & "............................................................" ; 100 )

That is, we add many dots after the Description field, but only take the first 100 characters of the Description and the dots.  Does that make sense?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.