HELP! (: Relationship issue not understood to begin with
You did not understand my issue. I have tried to rephrase it for clarity.
Here's what I've got. Read each step at a time to see where I'm coming from.
1) I am viewing a record in(Table A).
2) On the record there is a portal (Table B).
The portal is a relationship to (Table A)
3) One field of a portal row is a (Table B)customer ID number.
4) One field of the same portal row is a (Table B) 'piece quantity'
5) I then perform a FIND via a script(while in a layout in Table A). The script references the (Table B)customer ID number field in the portal. The scripted FIND brings up a found set of(Table A) records. In the found set each(Table A) record is the same customer ID number
6) That set of found records is then displayed in a different (Table A) layout in List Form
7) I now have a list of different (Table A) records and they all have the same customer ID number
8) Next, With (Table A) now in List Form I have a field on each record in the new layout for the found set that is (Table A) 'customer piece quantity'
9) PROBLEM: I cannot get the (Table B) 'piece quantity' field to show up on a record in the new layout. (Table B) 'piece quantity' needs to show up in the (Table A) 'customer piece quantity' field.
For some reason I am missing the relationship here and cannot figure out what it is.
I Hope this make things clearer.