AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help! A few questions for advice.

Question asked by PuayYenYap on May 8, 2015
Latest reply on May 8, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Help! A few questions for advice.

1. I upload my filemaker prop 13 file  to the server but some features are not displayed to the web user especially the part where I have a pop up box and adding of new entry to the field was displayed on my filemaker pro 13 not not in the web version.

2. After uploading the file to the server, when I open the file on my pro 13, they ask me whether to use hosted or local version. Can i undo this step? If i choose to use the local version, I couldn't reload to the server the same file again. For the hosted version and i amended the network access to file to no user and when i open the hosted version, the message says extended privilege disabled and i can't make any changes to my hosted version now.

4. I like to keep different copies of the same working file. So when i duplicate the same file but change to different file name, the name of the layout remains the same in the duplicate copy and whatever changes i done to first copy of the file will be reflected to my second copy of the file, which defeats the purpose of having two files at the same time.

Could anyone advise me on this? I am very new to file maker. Thank you.

Outcomes