2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2012 9:25 AM by philmodjunk

HELP! Feilds disappear in Preview. Even on Starter solution (research notes)

JaneMcCree

Title

HELP! Feilds disappear in Preview. Even on Starter solution (research notes)

I have adapted a starter solution research notes for my requirements. Everything was working fine and today the doc & images section are not showing anything in preview. You can hoover over the upload buttons but you can't click. Basically you get an empty screen.

The fields are present in edit mode.

I thought it might be something wrong in my onversion but then I went back to the original untouched start solution research notes  but the same thing was happening on both the document and image settings.

I have the have tried re-installing the software to no avail still get the disappearing problem on the start solution research notes.

Please help as I'm meant to be starting a research survey.

Thanks

• 1. Re: HELP! Feilds disappear in Preview. Even on Starter solution (research notes)
          davidanders

How many records are in the found set?

In Page Setup, what printer is selected?

What color are the labels and fields set to?

What size are the labels and fields set to?

What font are the labels and fields set to?

If you create a new database with one field, one record, and some text in it, does it do the same thing?

• 2. Re: HELP! Feilds disappear in Preview. Even on Starter solution (research notes)
            philmodjunk

A frequent way this can happen is when you have say 10 records in your current found set and your current record is not the first record. When you enter preview mode, it previews all 10 records, starting with page one of what will appear if you were to print with the current found set and printer setup options. If your first record in the found set has empty fields, you might get what you are describing here. WHen in preview mode, try clicking on the book control and see if you can advance to different pages and see if they have the data you are looking for.

If you want to preview just the current record, either sort your records so that it is the first record in your found set or omit all the other records so that it is the only record in the found set.