Here is a sample using a USA url and it displays a map with the address from your sample. I will test the url you have provided but it might that me some time. I'm from the US and not familiar with google maps UK or UK address. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgu392a81v8ek5i/AABE663Nqcw45fz_Q8C7rWwCa?dl=0
Hello S Chamblee,
I can open your's and it looks great! But when I adapt it to fit my solution it just shows this with this code:
address = Substitute (
Address& " " &
""& " " &
Town& " " &
County& " "&
Postcode& " " &
" " ;
" " ; "+"
size = GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "Map1" ; "width" ) & "x" & GetLayoutObjectAttribute ("Map1" ; "height" )
& address &
"&zoom=" & 10 &
The sample I created uses calculation fields that will also have to be copied and updated to match your address fields.
I am starting with just the basic map so the only calc field I recreated was the "url" field then changed that calc field so that it did not need the paths, markers and partUrl for now.
If you get the calculation correct then it will display the map. You need one address to be marked. Even the sample Map in the contact starter solution marks the address, it doesn't have the satellite view, which it could be modified to display the satellite view.
It gets the address from the record's fields [Address, Town, post code, county] as shown below.
There is a setting inside the web viewer set up that is supposed to combine the data from your current record with additional text to produce the necessary URL to that google map. Posting that expression from inside web viewer set up might reveal why you are getting this result.
I don't understand? are you talking about the "Choose a Website" feature and then just direction the options to the fields on the table? Because that's what I started with and as you can see from the screen shot it is all covered and stuff. The address it auto generated was:
http://local.google.co.uk/maps?" & "q=" & /*Address=*/ CRISA_Sites::Address & "," & /*City=*/ CRISA_Sites::Town & "," & /*Postal Code=*/ CRISA_Sites::Postcode & "," & /*Country=*/ CRISA_Sites::Country
If you use my sample you will have to copy all calculations. The Markers fields combines several addresses, you can change the calculation to leave list out of the calculation so it only includes the current address. If the calculation is incorrect, it will not display. The sample database was originally created using the calculation from the contacts starter solution and worked to pin one or more addresses. I modified to pin several addresses by adding the List script step with an if statement to combined all address marked as pin. I then updated the url to use google maps newest url so I could display the different type maps and add more features. In either case you can not short cut the url because it will not display. Copy all calculations then you can remove list script step from the markers calculation. You can have all calculation in one table instead of two, I used two tables with a relationship to include all addresses that were marked as pin.
The contacts starter solution uses a custom function GetMap to display the maps. You have to have FMPA to create custom functions.
Is that not a really overly complicated way of just making a clear map that drops a pin in the address of a record or does it have to be that complicated? I mean even if you don't put an address in their it covers the entire thing up with its overlay, that's all I want to get rid of. The zoom does not have to be changeable per record I just need to set it so it is not at 100% and it does not need to do directions or anything just not be full of junk.
I am getting the feeling that this is too complicated for me to accomplish, might skip it and do something else if there is no quick fix!
There is not any information on the UK URL . There is a leaning curve to everything, even using the US URL.
I don't think it is complicated, you just have to take the time to figure out url. I have gotten plenty of those error messages. The UK url your are using is designed to display that information.
I started out by figuring out the Google map in the contacts solution and then expanded from there. There are other samples on the internet, you will have to Google. I created a sample database with a layout to view the calculations and the webviewer at the same time, then I tweaked the calculations to get the desired results. Even the sample I posted above has been modified since I posted.