1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 1:18 PM by philmodjunk

Help! Multiple Line Items needed

RedDawn_1

Title

Help! Multiple Line Items needed

Hey y'all. I am relatively new to the Filemaker scene. I do not know what a portal is or how to contruct one and I've seen this as a solution method.

Issue at hand: I have an invoice that the customer purchases 2-3 items on and it prints the line items separately. How can I generate an invoice that has this all on the same page with the grand summary?

On my invoices, I have the bill to and ship to information, the product ID, product name,  price, taxable, quantity, subtotal, shipping, and total.

ANY HELP will be much obliged.

Thank y'all kindly!!!!!

• 1. Re: Help! Multiple Line Items needed
          philmodjunk

First look up "portal" in FileMaker help. It's got enough details that I'd prefer you read that entry before I try to describe it fully.

Then learn how to define relationships between tables as you need such a relationship in order to get the portal to work.

Then take a look at this simple invoicing demo file that uses the portal for data entry but which does not use it for printing the invoice: http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/309136/

And after that, feel free to post follow up questions in Post A Answer below if that is not enough to get you going.