AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP! Simple map database needed to be done!

Question asked by MichaelRichman on Jan 7, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2012 by MichaelRichman

Title

HELP! Simple map database needed to be done!

Hello, one and all,

I am retired from the fire department due to my disability; however, I like to keep up-to-date with the goings-on over at the stations. I listen to my scanner constantly and always keep an ear out for any reports of fires or chases going on within the county. With that being said, I requested and received a book filled with almost all of the street names in Rockdale County, along with some graph-like maps that were included with the names.

I was thinking that you guys that have more expertise could help me out with an idea that I have, considering the fact that it has to do with a database.

I want to make a database of all the street names, including their corresponding maps, and I want to be able to search for a street name and pull up the map that goes along with it. For example, for Bryant Rd. NE, I want to be able to type in "Bry" and have the option of Bryant Rd. pulled up, along with the choice of opening the map file as a JPEG, GIF, or PDF file. Some street names have more than one page/map to go along with it, and I would like to have the option of choosing a specific map.

Would you be able to help me out with this, by chance? It'd be really awesome if you could.

Thanks,

Mike

Outcomes