3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2008 6:42 AM by ash211

HELP!!  locked out of my own database

ash211

Title

HELP!!  locked out of my own database

Help!!  I wrote a script when the database opens which accidently closes the layout that controls my database.  The script has allow user abort on so i cant escape.  Is there any other way to get back into the database?

• 1. Re: HELP!!  locked out of my own database
          Orlando

Hi ash211

To do this you need to access the database indirectly, you can do this by creating a new database file, setting up the file you are locked out of as an External Data Source.

Create a new table in the file and then setup a relationship between the new table and a table in the file you are locked out of in the Relationship graph, a Cartesian join [X] will be fine.

Once this is setup create a script in your new file that does the following:

Go to Related Record [From table: "Locked"; External; Using Layout: "LockedLayout"] 

Select Window [Name: "LockedFile.fp7"]

This should open the file for you and you can then go in and modify your open script.

What you might want to consider in your open scripts is a check for Modifier Keys, using Get ( ActiveModifierKeys ), and halting the script before the window closes. 

I hope this helps

• 2. Re: HELP!!  locked out of my own database
            Jens Teich
               With FM Advanced you can activate the script debugger before opening this database. On startup you can cancel the script.

Jens
            • 3. Re: HELP!!  locked out of my own database
              ash211
                 thank you so much.  that was so simple.   I panicked and didnt think about that.