2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2012 3:08 AM by ninakersten

HELP!! Install on timer script

developerS

Title

HELP!! Install on timer script

hi,

I created a database usiing filemaker pro. It has a couple of examination forms.

on the home page there are a list of buttons that link to those forms as well as a countdown timer. the purpose of this timer is for the student to see how much time they have left to complete the exam. However, this is only installed on the home page.

I installed an on timer script and it runs perfectly. Only problem I am having is that the timer is only displayed on the home page. so say the student is on home and the timer started, they can see how much time is left. once they are on form 1, they cant see it, they will then see it when they hit "back", which will take them back to the homepage.

the problem i am experiencing is that if I am NOT on the home page(say form 1), every time the script runs (every 30 seconds), i get the following error message "this operation could not be completed because the target is not part of a related table.

How do I get rid of this error? I only want the timer displayed on the home page.

Thanks!