1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 10:05 AM by philmodjunk

HELP!! Regarding relaionships between tables

MarkPetts

Title

HELP!! Regarding relaionships between tables

I am having trouble relating my Quote table to the Product Table, I have numerous products (13 in total on one quote) in my quote and trying to get the prices for from my Product table ( over 200 products in table)  using a portal. My problem is that all 13 products from my quote come from different pull down lists using a cascade effect based upon Supplier, Rating and Category.

I have tried numerous configurations and calculations and still getting no way.

I am a newbie at this , any sugguestions would greatly help

• 1. Re: HELP!! Regarding relaionships between tables
          philmodjunk

Sounds like you are missing a table where each of your different quoted products is a different record that is linked to a record in Quotes and also to a record in Products.

Invoices, Quotes, and Bills of Material (used in manufacturing) all have the same basic set of tables and relationships. The only major difference is the name of the first table:

Quotes-----<QuoteLineItems>-----Products

Quotes::__pkQuoteID = QuoteLineItems::_fkQuoteID
               Products::__pkProductID = QuoteLineItems::_fkProductID

You can place a portal to QuoteLineItems on the Quotes layout to list and select  Products records for each given Quotes record. Fields from Products can be included in the Portal to show additional info about each selected Products record and the _fkProductID field can be set up with a value list for selecting Products records by their ID field.

For an explanation of the notation that I am using, see the first post of: Common Forum Relationship and Field Notations Explained