1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 11:25 AM by philmodjunk

Help, very frustrated, need script that dial a phone number with a button, anyone help?

MarkGrant

Title

Help, very frustrated, need script that dial a phone number with a button, anyone help?

I am 2 days old with filemaker pro and have spent hours trying to get a phone number field to allow me to click on the number and have it bring up a phone dialer with the number in it. I have made it bring up the dialer, but no number is being inserted. I would like to be able to click on the number and have it bring up the dialer and place the call, maybe not even bring up the dialer. Also the dialer I have is one that came with my computer, would like to disable it and find a high quality dialer. All help is much appreciated. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Help, very frustrated, need script that dial a phone number with a button, anyone help?
          philmodjunk

What operating system are you using?

The dial phone script step is an obsolete step that has little utility unless you are using it in FileMaker GO on an iPhone or iPad where it can be used to dial the phone as originally intended many versions ago.

If you are using FM Go, use the Search the Forum box to seach out posts to the FM Go forum that contain Dial Phone and you should be able to find several disussions on how to do this in GO.

You may find that there is a plug in you can acquire that provides the capability that you are looking for.