3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2010 3:04 PM by bgamborg

Help.  New to database use

bgamborg

Title

Help.  New to database use

I am a physician in primary care.  I need a simple database to follow patient outcomes.

The database must include medical history, allergies, medications and test results.

I have unique patient identifier numbers in the database.

i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get lists of medications, health problems, etc to show up in the database.

I am sure its simple, can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Help.  New to database use
          RickWhitelaw

If you show or explain the structure of your database (tables, fields, relationships and match fields) I'm sure people here will be glad to offer advice. More info is needed. As well, you may find something in the templates/starter solutions that could get you started.

RW

• 2. Re: Help.  New to database use
            Nerico_1

Hi Sulphurdoc,

You say you are new to database use.  How familiar are you with other programs?  Are you good with excel?  Also, Do you currently have any of this data in electronic form?  Contact management program perhaps?  And have you thought out what specific information you will be tracking?

• 3. Re: Help.  New to database use
              bgamborg

all information is currently stored by name as word documents.  I can search the hard drive and come up with patients.

in a sidebar (excel table) I have a list of medical problems, surgeries, allergies, medications and test results.

this information is copied and pasted with each patient contact to keep current.

the problem is I cannot do any type of data collection or document outcomes with this data and I cannot figure out how to get 5000 patients into a simple database that would have this information easily accessable

thanks for any help you can provide

bg