3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 6:16 PM by KMonstre

Help/Ideas Please - Changing files based on FM status

KMonstre

Title

Help/Ideas Please - Changing files based on FM status

I'm using FM9.  Follow my brain...to get to my question...

I have a large folder that contains several subfolders of media files that were referenced into (not uploaded into) a database and, if approved, the filepath is recorded and then the file was uploaded.  

My initial plan was to export the approved files to another folder for my web files to pick up and use the Key ID assigned in FM to rename the file (ex. somefilename.tiff would now be KeyID.jpg - so it is easily referenced by both the web db and the FM back office db).   

Two things have happened:

It seems I can't export the file as it was....the media stuff is turning into plain text files regardless of the file type it was originally and I can not have all the different file types end up being the same quality or type.

So I tried sticking with the reference and not uploading the approved files but I can't figure out how to run a script that will move and rename files on my computer according their status in FM (ie. approved and with the correct filename).  It seems it would have to be a script run on my actual computer in conjunction with FM but I would like it to be run from within FM - when a user has finished reviewing files, I can set it to run on logout thereby sending the approved files to another folder for my web files....does anyone know how?? 

Thanks!