AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help? Master list of terms link to individual records

Question asked by CathyDurso on Nov 2, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2011 by CathyDurso

Title

Help? Master list of terms link to individual records

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out if there is a calculation or function that can do what I am trying to do and I haven't had much luck. Here is what I'm trying to do:

I have a table containing records of artwork. Each artwork record has one field containing a list of subject terms. I want a related table that would be a master list of all the subject terms from all the artwork records. This could be either one field containing a list of all the terms, or each record could be its own subject term (I'm not sure which way would suit my needs better, or if it would even matter). I do want the master list of terms to be in ABC order. I want the Master List of subject terms to update automatically when a new subject term is added to the list of subject terms for each of the artwork records in the related table. I also want the subject term field for my artwork records to fill in with terms from the master list - if I started typing the beginning of a word, it would fill in the rest of the word using the terms from my master list.

Does this make sense? Is this possible? Any tips would be appreciated!

Outcomes