13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 3:00 PM by philmodjunk

Here is the requirement: I need a list of records to be displayed on the screen. The user should be...

PecCars

Here is the requirement: I need a list of records to be displayed on the screen. The user should be able to browse through the list. He should be able to click on one of the records on the list and then he is taken to a separate dialog where he can edit all the fields from the record he picked up.

Here is what I am thinking:

- A script triggered on entrance to a layout loads n records from a value list and displays them on screen and allows the user to browse through the list (line by line, and page by page). How do I load the content of the first n records into a value list on-the-fly ?

- How do I implement "the user clicks on one record and is taken to the record in question for editing purpose". Meaning I need to pick up from the value list the key to the record, go to the table and look for the record with that key. How do I that ?

- Jump to a new dialog for purposes of editing the record in question. That should be easy via a portal.

Can you give me a pointer or example `