3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2009 1:35 PM by TSGal

hey couple of question about view webpages on localhost mac and PC

gunnerstudio

Title

hey couple of question about view webpages on localhost mac and PC

Hi im working on a quite complicated solution. i got a JAVA paint program that I have made, published online, and use web view to get it into filemaker. the problem it that I want to run on localhost. both platform. (mac and PC) the file i need to run is a *.html file. with references to a PHP script and a JAVA applet. It it possible? I can find any description anywhere how to do it?

And i also are looking for a simple birthday remimber in month view.

Kind Regards

Gunnar

• 1. Re: hey couple of question about view webpages on localhost mac and PC
          TSGal

gunnerstudio:

Thank you for your post.

If the file is an HTML file, then make sure everyone has access to that file.  You may want to put the file up on a server and use that as a reference.  Then, everybody can load that server locally.  When they use FileMaker, the reference to the server will be available to everyone.

For a birthday reminder, you can create a calculation field with the following calculation:

If (Month (Get (CurrentDate) ) = Month ( <Birthday Field> ) ; 1 ; 0 )

Then, you can perform a Find (or have a script that performs the find) for "1" in the calculation field, and only those records where the Birthday occurs during the current month display.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: hey couple of question about view webpages on localhost mac and PC
            gunnerstudio

Hi TSGAL. Thats for the informative answer. Im sorry that i didnt describe that i wanted a solution without server. im looking for a Standalone function.

I will refrace the question.

Is it a way for Filemaker 10 adv to use (instant web publishing) and access to my file.html and subfolders where images, java applets and php scripts are included.

When I use the instant web publishing tool (today) I get access the standard instant web publishing front page (trough localhost 127.0.0.1) with a link to the database file im using is it a way to find the "root" of the localhost so i can copy my paint program in there? I have read that you can customize the instant webpublishing fronpage in Filemaker Server but not in Filemaker Adv.

I wish that i can find a solution to access my file through the webbrowser window with a link like this http://127.0.0.1/paint/file.html   

Thanks !!!

Kind Regards

Gunnar

• 3. Re: hey couple of question about view webpages on localhost mac and PC
              TSGal

gunnerstudio:

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, you can use Instant Web Publishing and use your own web page.  Make sure that page resides in the Web folder of your FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced folder.  Then, you can issue:

http://<IP address>/file.html

However, you won't be able to open any FileMaker files.  Instead, put all of your images in the Web folder and use them as a reference.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.