1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2013 8:14 AM by philmodjunk

Hi - I am very very new to FileMaker, so I appreciate any help! I run an art...

BrandiClark

Hi - 

I am very very new to FileMaker, so I appreciate any help!

I run an art gallery and have created a database of our inventory. I have a "Returned to Artist" calendar field, and I am trying to create a report that only pulls records with a date in that field. 

Thank you!

Brandi

• 1. Re: Hi - I am very very new to FileMaker, so I appreciate any help! I run an art...
          philmodjunk

I am trying to create a report that only pulls records with a date in that field.

All records where that field is not empty or all records where there is a specific date in that field or all records where the date in that field falls in a specific range?

In all of these cases, you can enter find mode, specify criteria in this field and then perform the find to pull up only the records consistent with the criteria you choose to specify.

To find all records where the field is not empty, put a lone * in the field while in find mode.

TO find all records dated 9/28/2013, put that date in the field while in find mode

To find all records with a date in the Week starting with October 6, 2013, enter: 10/6/2013...10/12/2013 while in find mode.

All of these and more can also be scripted. For examples of scripts that perform finds, see this thread: Scripted Find Examples