2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 6:02 PM by MaxwellRobin

Hi All! so i have a table with 10 fields that are job titles of each person in the field...

MaxwellRobin

Hi All!

so i have a table with 10 fields that are job titles of each person

in the field the user would enter the person's name

in another table there is a contact sheet which has the title, name, phone #, email.

what i would like is to have the contact sheet update when the user updates a field in the first table i mentioned.

if there is no name in the field then the other table should not have a record for that person

if the empty field get populated then the other table should create a record and populate it with the name the user entered in the first table

if the field is edited then the cooresponding related field should update

if the field is populated then the user erases the name it should delete the record it was cooresponding to

lastly, i would also like the job title to transfer between the tables

if job title A is populated with MIKE then the related table should populate the name with MIKE and then select from the drop down menu i created with the title A

does this make any sense.

some help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you!

• 1. Re: Hi All! so i have a table with 10 fields that are job titles of each person in the field...
          davidanders

You are dealing with mulitple Companies or Departments that all share the same ten Positions (Job Title?)

Or one company / department that has only ten positions?

The Contact | Employee | Client | People (choose one) having a job position seems logical.  A drop down JobPostion Field would seem correct.

A Job Position having a People is an unusual approach.
               Reports with Summaries would list the Job Positions filled by the people.

• 2. Re: Hi All! so i have a table with 10 fields that are job titles of each person in the field...
            MaxwellRobin

Let me tell you my situation. That might be helpful.

so I am creating a database for theatrical lighting designers to organize their cue lists and such.

i have created a "setup" table which allows the user to enter information like the crew and other design team members.

each design team member has their own field.

what I would like is to have the user be able to select the title from a drop down menu which they can add custom titles and then enter in another field next to this one with the name of the person.

from all this information I would like a second table to be adding, subtracting, and editing each job title and its corresponding name as it changes.

in that other table each record has the name, job title, phone number, and email which will be the contact list of the team members.

does this make sense? If you could help me out that would be great!