0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 3:10 AM by brandoncox

Hi all, Myself and one other person run a small 'business' where we are using Filemaker Pro...

brandoncox

Hi all,

Myself and one other person run a small 'business' where we are using Filemaker Pro 12. 

Up until now everything has been fine, but this morning i noticed that approximately 1/3(500) of the dates within one tables records had automatically changed format.

From dd/mm/yyyy to mm//dd//yyyy. 

I can easily fix this problem by just exporting the data , and using a program to automatically fix it, then re-import the data but. My big worry is, why has it happened? i have a basic knowledge of how a database works. But not enough to know why this has happened. Is the database corrupt? 

P.S i read somewhere earlier that the maximum file size a database should be is 2gb? My current one is at 13.33GB....most likely due to the number of images? 2500+ within container fields.

Other Information:

File size: 13.33GB

9 Tables

Total of : 2400 Records, 9 Tables, 24 Layouts 

1400 Records in the table with errors.

Containers Stored at : [database location]/Files/Final Duran Duran Database/

Stored On:Mac Book Pro(Retina)......OS X 10.8.4..... 2.3Ghz Intel Core I7 .....8GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Thank you in advance ,

Brandon