AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hidden Fields

Question asked by ColeSchulte on Feb 26, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Hidden Fields & Sliding

I am pretty new to Filemaker (13 Pro Advanced) and while I have watched most of the training videos on lynda . com I am still largely just figuring it out as I go. I have hit a pretty big issue with the way a large report I built is coming out. I am sure there is a better way to have built the report, but it was what made sense at the time.  The report itself is taking fields from various categories and listing our auditors comments on the area of review when the auditor elected (done by radio button in each cat.) to "send" their comments to the report. There are about 10 categories with each having its own relevant fields listed vertically down the report. What I want to happen is for the report to generate and only show the categories (and relevant fields) that the auditors elected to have sent to the report. All other fields being hidden and only the categories the auditor selected show concatenated without the white space issue I am having currently. 

My problem is that while sliding is working it isn't doing it quite as expected. My hunch is that while I have fields sliding up and being hidden, based on a field selection elsewhere in the database, the sliding fields still have a height associated with them so as they are hidden and then slide up, but the field height is piling up causing a large white space between the non-hidden categories (is this right?).

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to figure this out on my own, but I am at the point that I need some outside input. 

In one of the attachments it shows a large white space between the two categories, there are 5-6 categories other categories  between the two displayed (Annual Program Evaluation and Survey Results). 

I put a link to an album with screenshots below, the link directs to here http://imgur.com/a/6tNzp#0 (its displayed odd for me below).

Thanks,

Cole

Outcomes