AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hidden layout objects and showing when wanted

Question asked by julzerator on Oct 1, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Hidden layout objects and showing when wanted

Hi fellow Filemaker Pros!

I'm still new, but learning quickly. I have been playing around with the hidden objects in my solution.

I work with a bunch of wonderful creative people, and have made a layout that they understand pretty easily. I have some delete keys in the solution, but don't want to give everyone delete permissions. If the key isn't there, they can't delete it, right?

So, I have set up this case statement, but it isn't working...

Case ( 
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Accounting" and T99_General::DelPerm_Accounting = 1 ; False ;
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Arts" and T99_General::DelPerm_Art = 1 ; False ;
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Manager" and T99_General::DelPerm_Manager = 1 ; False ;
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Production" and T99_General::DelPerm_Production = 1 ; False ;
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Sales" and T99_General::DelPerm_Sales = 1 ; False ;
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Sales Manager" and T99_General::DelPerm_SalesManager = 1 ; False ;
Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "[Full Access]"; False ;
True )

This shows all my different security groups and a corresponding field on the table that is connected to all of my other tables. 

I'd love some help debugging to see if I can make it work.

Outcomes