1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 7:06 AM by philmodjunk

Hidden layout objects and showing when wanted

julzerator

Title

Hidden layout objects and showing when wanted

Hi fellow Filemaker Pros!

I'm still new, but learning quickly. I have been playing around with the hidden objects in my solution.

I work with a bunch of wonderful creative people, and have made a layout that they understand pretty easily. I have some delete keys in the solution, but don't want to give everyone delete permissions. If the key isn't there, they can't delete it, right?

So, I have set up this case statement, but it isn't working...

Case ( 
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Accounting" and T99_General::DelPerm_Accounting = 1 ; False ;
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Arts" and T99_General::DelPerm_Art = 1 ; False ;
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Manager" and T99_General::DelPerm_Manager = 1 ; False ;
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Production" and T99_General::DelPerm_Production = 1 ; False ;
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Sales" and T99_General::DelPerm_Sales = 1 ; False ;
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "Sales Manager" and T99_General::DelPerm_SalesManager = 1 ; False ;
      Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) = "[Full Access]"; False ;
      True )

This shows all my different security groups and a corresponding field on the table that is connected to all of my other tables. 

I'd love some help debugging to see if I can make it work.