The hide object when isn't the issue. The problem is due to the fact that your layout has to be sized large enough to include those fields when they are visible or not. If there is even one pixel more than will "fit" on a given page, you will get a second page of output--often a blank page.
What you need to do is select all of the layout objects on that second page and set them to both "slide up" and to "resize enclosing part" on the Inspector's position tab.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.
Thanks Phil, still can't see what the issue is.. Attached is a few screen shots for illustration purposes. I've even set the first object on the second page to start exactly at 29.7cm. The second at exactly the point where the first object ends and the body to end exactly at the bottom of the second object.
Any further ideas?
side note, even with re-size enclosing part on the two object ticked.. I get the same result.
All it takes is a layout, even after the slide up and resize, that is even 1 pixel too tall and you bet two pages. I can't read your screen shots as they are too small to read. Sometimes you have to upload them one at a time to get them at the right size.