AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hide records that users don't have access to?

Question asked by LeeMoreau on Mar 6, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2017 by gmainis

Title

Hide records that users don't have access to?

Hi everyone quick question.  I have a basic CRM in FileMaker, with Accounts, Contacts etc.  The Accounts table I have under Manage | Security, a custom security set restricting users to only access their own records.  So under access I have limited, and the calculation Get(AccountName).  This works, as users can only access their own records.  The problem I have though is they can still see all the other records which is a big mess.  So for example, when users log in it goes right to record #1 under Account layout by default.  However as I was the one that made that, whenever a user logs in, it just shows my record with << No Access >> on every field.  If they go to a list view and select a view like "All Accounts" it will show like:

ABC Company
<< No Access >>
<< No Access >>
XYC Company
<< No Access >>

Etc.  How do I set it so that they just full on never see a record they don't own?  For the list view it's easy enough as I've set custom views with filtering to only show their records, but it's more the account view.  I don't like how there could be 1000 accounts in the system with only 1 that they made, but it still lets them cycle through all those records and know how many there are, even though they all say << No Access >>.  Just hoping there's a way to fully hide them and if not is there at least a way so that when they log in, it will go to either the last record they were working on, or to the first one they can access, vs one that shows all no access?  Thanks!

Outcomes