1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 12:24 PM by platypus63

Hide Toolbars doesn't work

platypus63

Title

Hide Toolbars doesn't work

I can't seem to get Filemaker to Lock;Hide the toolbar when going to a related record from a different file.

I like to keep toolbars completely off limits for all users.

Related record from the different file opens up just fine, but with toolbars.  I have even tried a script that says hide toolbars on window open on each file, but does not help.

Any ideas?

Go to related file button script is as follows:

Go to Related Record [Show only related records; From table: "related file"'; External; Using layout: "Form View' (related table); New Window}

Show/Hide Toolbars [Lock; Hide]

• 1. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
          philmodjunk

Put a Select Window step in getween the GTRR and Show/Hide steps. Select the newly opened window in that step to make sure that it has the focus before hiding/locking the status tool bar.

• 2. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
            platypus63

I had simplified the script.  This is the full script I have, an it still doesn't hide the toolbar.  Like I said, this hides it if related record is in a different table within same file, but does not hide if it is related record from a different file.  Using FMPA 12 by the way.

Script goes like this:

Set Variable [$windowname, Value: ....]

GTRR

Select Window [$windowname]

Show/Hide Toolbars [lock; hide]

Adjust window [resize to fit]

• 3. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
              philmodjunk

What you show has always worked for me.

Does the GTRR step correctly use $WindowName to name the new window?

• 4. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                platypus63

Yes it does, at least i think it does.

Two files are connected by serial number.  There is a file for Purchase Orders, another for Product Catalog

Set Variable takes value of serial number from line item (in a portal) from Purcahse Orders.

GTRR goes to that related record from Product Catalog, and names the window the set serial number.

• 5. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                  philmodjunk

I suggest posting the actual script that you are using.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
                  3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
                  5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
                  7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and click "Source" in the Post A Answer tool bar to paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
                  • 6. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                    platypus63

Thanks for the tip.  Below is the script pasted from design report ->Script Pretty.

Previous Script: [Go To Contacts] Parent Folder: [Navigation]
                         Script Name Go to Related Product
                         Run script with full access privileges On
                         Include In Menu No
                         Layouts that use this script •
                         Scripts that use this script •
                         Script Definition
                         Script Steps • Set Variable [ $windowname; Value:"AR & AR - " & Product Catalog::Serial Number ]
                         • Go to Related Record [ From table: “Product Catalog”; External; Using layout: “Form View” (Product Catalog) ] [ Show only related records; New window ]
                         • Select Window [ Name: $windowname ]
                         • Show/Hide Toolbars [ Lock; Hide ]
                         • Adjust Window [ Resize to Fit ]
                         Fields used in this script • Product Catalog::Serial Number
                         Scripts used in this script •
                         Layouts used in this script • Form View
                         Tables used in this script •
                         Table occurrences used by this script •
                         Custom Functions used by this script •
                         Custom menu set used by this script •

• 7. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                      hbrendel

In the script step: Go to Related Record [ ... etc

Are you setting the window name?

• 8. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                        philmodjunk

That's been my thought from the first. Inside the Go To Related Records step, $windowname should be used to specify the window name. If it is not or if you accidentally misspelled that variable name by even one letter, it would explain why this script is failing to hide/lock the status tool bar.

• 9. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                          platypus63

Yep, just posted a screenshot here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80323432@N00/8434976843/

• 10. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                            philmodjunk

You can use Upload an Image below the Post A Answer box to upload a screen shot directly to your forum post instead of linking to a share site.

I just thought of another possible explanation.

Open up the Select Window Script step.

By any chance is the "current file only" check box selected?

If so, you need to clear that check box.

• 11. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                              platypus63

It is unchecked.  I will try to insert image directly.

• 12. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                                philmodjunk

What version of FileMaker and on what operating system are you using it?

• 13. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                                  philmodjunk

Is it possible that you have more than one window open with this name?

If you have FileMaker Advanced, try stepping through this script in the script debugger and see if you note anything odd like another script popping up and running courtesy of a script trigger "tripped" by your script.

• 14. Re: Hide Toolbars doesn't work
                                    platypus63

I'm running FMP Advanced 12.0v3 on OS X 10.8 . Users are running FMP 12, on Windows 7 and OSX 10.8.  Everything is running off of FM Server 12 on a mac server OS X 10.7.  Every user sees this issue.

I just ran the script debugger, where you can run each step of the script invididually.  No other scripts were triggered.  Interesting to note is that Adjust Window [Resize to Fit] doesn't work either.

No other window with the same name is open.  

1 2 Previous Next