If you have Pro 13, you can set the hide condition (on the data tab) for the field (and label if applicable) to something like Field = blank. On the position tab, you can select sliding up based on all objects above and also resize enclosing part. Note that the sliding will only occur when printing or in preview mode, not in browse mode.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.
Thank you Timothy! That worked perfectly.