Container fields can also slide up when empty, but only if you specify top, left alignment for the field in the formatting section on the inspector's data tab.
Ok thats good to know.
They move up allright but stay vissible when empty.
Did you specify "resize enclosing part"?
Are the layout objects below it set to slide up and resize?
Yes, every object on the page is.
Better check again. If slide and resize is specified for the container field and all objects next to and below it. The field should disappear when empty.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Container fields will slide only if Top, Left alignment is specified for it in the data formatting section of the Inspector's data tab.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.