2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 5:12 PM by PeterDurant

Hiding information based on user/platform

PeterDurant

Title

Hiding information based on user/platform

I have a database that is accessable to both FMP users and through IWP.  Those who access the database through IWP don't have all of the functions as someone accessing through FMP so I would like to hide things either based on the fact that they accessed through IWP or on privilege set.

I have done a search for hiding buttons and have downloaded the demo files for PhilModJunk but I am left with a couple of questions:

1.           How do I get the scrip to run automatically whenever someone goes to into the effected layout (to hide a button)?
      3.           Is it possible to hide tabs based on privilege sets?

Thanks,
           Peter

• 1. Re: Hiding information based on user/platform
          philmodjunk

1.) If using FileMaker to access the database, OnLayoutEnter is a script trigger that will server. But for IWP with a browser, you'd need to set up navigation buttons that performa a script and then the code to hide/reveal can be included in the navigations script.

But given the differences between Browser clients and Filemaker clients, i think a separate set of layouts for each user group makes more sense.

2) I know of no way to make a specific tab panel disappear. You could make the entire tab control appear/disappear by putting it inside the panel of another tab control but not just one tab out of several.

• 2. Re: Hiding information based on user/platform
            PeterDurant

Thanks Phil.

I think creating different layouts for different platforms is probably going to work best as well.

Peter