3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 7:19 AM by carlz_1

Hiding Layout during Print

carlz_1

Title

Hiding Layout during Print

FM 10

Can anyone share with me the best way to print a set of documents while hiding the layouts?

I have a script that prints 10 pages.  Each page is its own layout.  When I print, each layout pops up, prints, then goes to the next layout, prints, then the next, etc.

I would like to have the layouts not visible when I print.  I want to have one screen that says "PROCESSING ... PLEASE WAIT."

What is the best way to accomplish this?  As always, thank you.

• 1. Re: Hiding Layout during Print
          LaRetta_1

Freeze Window to the rescue ...

Create a null layout (no fields but only the words "PROCESSING").  Start your script with switching to this null layout and then include a Freeze Window script-step.  The User will not see the various layouts as they pop up.

• 2. Re: Hiding Layout during Print
            carlz_1

thanks for the insight.  But that does not work on my system.  I have FM 10, Vista 64 bit.

I have a very simple script...

Go to the Null Layout

Freeze Window

Go to printpage1 layout

Enter Preview Mode

Print

Go to printpage2 layout

Enter Preview Mode

Print

Go to Main Menu

Refresh Window

As soon as it switches layouts (to printpage1), it shows that window and does not freeze.

Any ideas why?

• 3. Re: Hiding Layout during Print
              carlz_1
                 Please ignore the last message.  The problem was the ScriptDeBugger.  Apparently when you use the debugger it causes a refresh screen and that causes the freeze window to break the freeze.