8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2014 9:37 AM by RickRobbins

Hiding part of the status toolbar

RickRobbins

Title

Hiding part of the status toolbar

Does anyone have an idea how to hide the lowest part of the status tool bar?  I am trying in preview mode to hide the part with layout:.., View:..., and the exit preview button but I have not found a way to do this.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick

Screen_Shot_2014-07-10_at_12.50.55.png

• 1. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
          Markus Schneider

AFAIK, there is no way to do this - although You can disable those functions via permissions (security)

• 2. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
            philmodjunk

Or you can hide the entire toolbar and provide your own buttons that take the place of the controls you'd otherwise want to have in the status area. Since you want to preview the layout, you could put such controls in a floating window.

• 3. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
              RickRobbins

Phil,

I am not sure exactly how this would work.  On the list layout, I have button to open up a new window in preview mode.  What do mean by using a floating window with the buttons for Save to Excel, Print Setup, Print, etc.?

Rick

• 4. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
                SteveMartino

On you list layout, your button performs a script to open a new window in preview mode.  On the Enter Preview Mode script step, uncheck pause.  The next script steps could be:

-Show Custom Dialog.  It's criteria could be:

Button 1-Print

Button 2-PDF or Excel (which would be if you wanted to save as a PDF or Excel

Button 3-Cancel

(If you need more then 3 options, then we'll follow Phil's suggestion).

-If  (click Specify)

Get(LastMessageChoice) = 1

-Print Setup (set you print settings)

-Print (set your print options)

-Else If (Click Specify)

Get(LastMessageChoice) = 2

-(Script) steps related to button 2)

-End If

-Close Window

• 5. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
                  philmodjunk

Steve is definitely detailing one variation of my suggestion. If you need more than what a custom dialog can provide, the same script that opens a new window to preview the layout can also open another new window to a layout set up with buttons that could, in addition to Steve's buttons, move you forward and back through the pages of the preview, jump to the first page, jump to the last page, show the total number of pages...

In other words, it could replicate the typical functions of the "book control" found in the upper left part of the status tool bar.

• 6. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
                    RickRobbins

Hi Phil and Steve,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have tried Phil's suggestion with opening a new window (I have chosen a floating window) with the controls page forward, back, save as pdf and print.  I am not sure how to script these buttons to work on the other window which shows the preview report.  Is there a way to "address" a window that is already open but not in focus?  Sorry that I seem to be a bit thick in figuring this out.

Rick

• 7. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
                      philmodjunk

Is there a way to "address" a window that is already open but not in focus?

You can use Select Window to set the focus on your preview window so that the next step will interact with it instead of this small "control window".

• 8. Re: Hiding part of the status toolbar
                        RickRobbins

Super!! Thanks