3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 8:50 AM by philmodjunk

Hiding sub summary?

jwshelton22

Title

Hiding sub summary?

Working in FM11 Adv.

Each User Record (imported from Excel) has a school and a Supervisor.

I need a layout that shows the list of schools for each Supervisor. Then when you click on the school is drills down to show Users in that school.

• 1. Re: Hiding sub summary?
          philmodjunk

What does that have to do with "Hding sub summary"?

Do you have a table of Users linked to this table by a School field?

What do you want to see on the screen when this "drills down"?

A simple way to set this up is to add a button to the layout that uses Go To Related Records to find the set of related Users and pull them up on a different layout.

• 2. Re: Hiding sub summary?
            jwshelton22

The first screen would be the list of schools for that supervisor.

Someone clicks on a school and the next screen shows the list of Users in that school.

I have a set of  data that has a record for each User. Each record has school and supervisor along with other data.

There is a relationship between the data table and this table connected by School. But if I have 10 users at that school, I see 10 records. I only want to see one record per school.

Hope this helps

• 3. Re: Hiding sub summary?
              philmodjunk

A simple way to set this up is to add a button to the layout that uses Go To Related Records to find the set of related Users and pull them up on a different layout.