2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 10:37 AM by DavidGibson_1

Highlight related records in portal

DavidGibson_1

Title

Highlight related records in portal

I've got a typical portal.  The portal records are data concerning documents (document date, received date, etc.).  The records are all related to the facility which is the parent record.  They are also related to a petroleum discharge date.  Each facility can have multiple discharges, therefore, there may be several records related to each discharge in the portal.  The records are sorted by discharge date so they are together, but I'd like to highlight the related records for each discharge.  I've managed this with conditional formatting; ie: if discharge 1 then blue, if discharge 2 then red, etc.  The problem is some of these facilities have more than 50 discharges.  Is it possible to highlight these related records in some other way than using conditional formatting?  Or maybe even a better way to display them other than in one portal?  Any help is appreciated.

Dave Gibson

• 1. Re: Highlight related records in portal
          philmodjunk

Managing 50+ colors doesn't seem very workable whether you use conditional formatting or some other method.

Perhaps you need a second portal that only shows records for a specified discharge? A "master-slave" pair of portals comes to mind, where you click a record in portal 1 and this click then changes what records appear in portal 2--such as showing all records from the first portal that have the same discharge ID as that of the portal row that was clicked.

• 2. Re: Highlight related records in portal
            DavidGibson_1

you're probably right, although only a few sites have so many discharges. Most have two to four.  Anyway, I already have a filter button setup so I can select only the documents that pertain to a specific discharge.  It's just nice to see them all together but highlighted.  Thanks for the advice.

Dave Gibson