AnsweredAssumed Answered

Highlighting current record in list view

Question asked by Frinholp on Apr 7, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2011 by Frinholp

Title

Highlighting current record in list view

I have used a solution that it seems to be the standard (if not the only solution?) to make the current record in list view more visible.

This uses conditional formatting and a script triggered on record load which stores the current record ID in a global variable, then refreshes the screen.

I have an issue with this.

I have a script attached to a button which (1) switches to a different layout, (2) shows all records and (3) performs a find.

At each stage highlighted above causes the OnRecordLoad trigger to execute its script therefore performing a Refresh Screen three times.

This prevents me from freezing the screen whilst the script attached to the button executes, resulting in something very unsightly.

To make things worse I am using Windows, so the screen re-draws every time the the screen is refreshed resulting in flickering - when will Filemaker fix this? (It seems this has been an issue since FM7 and requests by users seem to be ignored. It would not suprise me if the next major release will have the same problem)

Can anyone think of a way that I can prevent the OnRecordLoad script trigger from executing its script temporarily so I can keep the window frozen until I have my found set? Or a different technique to highlighting the current record?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Outcomes