0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 11:00 AM by mattb

Highly variable launch times of compiled FMP 12 app (Mac)

mattb

Title

Highly variable launch times of compiled FMP 12 app (Mac)

I have compiled FMP 12 Mac app and my client is complaining of overly long launch times on his MacBook Pro running Mavericks 10.5.5.  His launch times vary between 1:43 and 2:10.

On another Mac belonging to my client's office manager, also running Mavericks, the launch time is shorter, between 48 seconds and 1:39.

On my old white MacBook running OSX 10.6.8 the same app launches speedily - in 13 seconds.

I know there's more "overhead" going on in Mavericks, but why the much longer launch times and wide variation?  Anybody know what I can do to get the Mavericks launch time down to a reasonable level?  I tried checking the "Prevent App Nap" checkbox in the Get Info window and it seemed like it may have shortened launch time maybe 15-20 seconds at most (on the slow Mavericks machine), but it's still long (especially compared to my old white MacBook).

All of the Java libraries on the various machines are up to date and there's no memory-resident Startup items running on the slow machine.  Very curious. 

Matt Bloomfield