2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 1:00 PM by JonathanRoberts

Ho to delete a TAB and its contents as well as remove PRINT BAR dotted lines?

JonathanRoberts

Title

Ho to delete a TAB and its contents as well as remove PRINT BAR dotted lines?

Can someone tell me please how to delete a tab and its contents as well can you removie, or re alighn print dotted lines you see in edit mode?

As well, wonder if its possible to copy a template section and add it into yours. Is there somewhere free that users use to share filemaker files?

I am looking for one for artists, managers, spouase, names, song tracks written, the track, how to drag into a container (SONGS), as well as being able to sort who has been licensed OR NOT. amd reminders to call people back.. Oh, almost forgot, if someone does not have FM, what is is called when you create a filemaker pro program for them and they use it as a self extracting database so you can input their info as needed?

Thanks all, 

Peace!!!

• 1. Re: Ho to delete a TAB and its contents as well as remove PRINT BAR dotted lines?
          philmodjunk

I think you want to delete a tab from a tab control.

1. Enter layout mode
          2. Double click the tab control to open Tab Control Setup
          3. In this dialog, click the name of the tab you want to delete in the tabs box and then click the delete button in the dialog.

"...can you removie, or re alighn print dotted lines you see in edit mode?"

I'm not sure what dotted lines you are asking about. You can see page break lines while in layout mode which reflect the current page size and orientation options you've selected in Print Setup... as well as any magin settings you've specified in Layout Setup... but am not sure what you mean by "edit mode" as fileMaker has window modes labeled "Browse", "Find", "Preview" and "Layout".

You can copy blocks of layout objects from a FileMaker layout to the clipboard and then paste them into another. Whether this works for you depends on the underlying design of your layout's table. Any fields with exactly the same name in both layouts will paste correctly. Any fields that do not will have to be re-pointed to the correct field after you paste.