0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 2:14 AM by BobbyRohrkemper

home inventory template recommendations

BobbyRohrkemper

Title

home inventory template recommendations

I would like to create a new Filemaker database and am looking for a template. I'll be using FM 13 and FM Go on iOS. Based on the fields below, could someone recommend a template that would fit my needs. In case anyone can also compare different templates, any comparison of the differences would be helpful. I was previously using a database that I created myself in Bento.

I think it's better to start with a template and then customize it from there. I have enough experience to make some basic modifications.

I don't expect that I'll need very complicated queries, but it would be nice to know what's possible. I mostly do simple filters by a couple of the boolean attributes.

The fields that I used in my previous database are below.  ** Notes

Date Created
                          Date Modified
                          Item
                          Who, where ** special field
                          Serial Number
                          Notes ** additional notes
                          Quantity
                          USD
                          Purchase Date
                          didn't arrive (to me) ** boolean
                          Purchased from
                          Purchased with  ** select which credit card from a list or cash
                          Receipt ** need to add a file here, might be jpeg or PDF
                          Shipped to CH ** boolean
                          Order Number

SKU #
                          Returned, waiting credit
                          Gift to
                          Want to replace
                          Tot Cost  ** calculated from quantity and currency, result in USD

Lost ** boolean
                          Dep
                          RMA
                          Internet order number
                          undelivered
                          will be brought by
                          Value
                          sell to
                          time since purchase  ** calculated value
                          PP active  ** calculated boolean, true if date is less than X months
                          component list ** a text list
                          SO ** a boolean
                          CHF ** purchase value if purchase made in swiss currency
                          Tracking #
                          signed by
                          Paid
                          dated message
                          message date
                          warranty duration
                          Warranty expiration
                          recheck
                          Pur Location
                          Sold/trashed ** boolean