AnsweredAssumed Answered

Horizontal Tally for invoice

Question asked by SolGood on Jan 19, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 by FentonJones

Title

Horizontal Tally for invoice

Hello,

I'm new to FMP. I am using FMP11. I sell shoes and would like to have my invoices show each shoe size. I assigned item#'s for each shoe size and when I create my invoice it shows each shoe size on a separate line. What I'd like to do is just have each style per line and then have a horizontal tally reflecting the total number of shoes sold - ie 2 size 9's and 3 size 10's = a quantity of 5 shoes on that line.

I assigned different item numbers per size for inventory purposes, but when it comes to invoicing I end up with a long list of line items which is hard to visually tally as a customer when your talking about say 96 pairs of shoes. I'd like to be able to show the 8 different styles with a "size runs" of 12 displayed on 8 separate lines rather than 96 lines for example.

I'm not sure if I could sub-tally or if I need to choose a different method for assigning item numbers or something else all together. I've searched forums and looked for templates that suit my needs with no avail. Any input on this would be great!

Please help

Thanks,

Sol

Shoe_Invoice_Example.jpg

Outcomes