3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2008 8:57 AM by tsturtle1

host computer and more than one database

markt

Title

host computer and more than one database

Is it possible to run 3 databases inside filemaker pro 9 on the host computer simultaneously, allowing different users access to any or all of the databases? if so, would it require more memory or cpu speed to be efficient with the resources, or would the min. requirements of one database still be ok for all three running at the same time?

• 1. Re: host computer and more than one database
          rmanook

Hi markt,

You can definitely host multiple databases simultaneously in FileMaker Pro 9. Please note, however, that the concurrent user limitation (FileMaker Network Sharing = 9, Instant Web Publishing = 5) does not apply per database it is a limitation per hosting application.

The system requirements listed for FileMaker Pro take into account the maximum concurrent users so there is no need to modify anything if your system already meets the requirements (also assuming that other applications are not eating up all of the resources! :smileywink:. )

Thanks for posting!  Let me know if you need any further clarification.

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc 

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: host computer and more than one database
            markt

about the resources...this computer will de only running filemaker pro...how do i tell the computer to allow the most resources (RAM) towards filemaker pro? or is that necessary if that is only thing running? i guess there will be antivirus also running but that would be it...

thanks for the input.

• 3. Re: host computer and more than one database
              tsturtle1

Hi markt,

I'm glad to see you paying close attention to the system requirements.:smileyhappy:  If the only thing you have running in the background is antivirus software, then you should be good to go.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

tsturtle

FileMaker, Inc.