5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 2:32 PM by AlexTorry

Host not showing files

AlexTorry

Title

Host not showing files

Hello,

I am not being able to see the files on the host for some reason, i am using filemaker pro 11 and did the port forwarding, static ip stuff 3 months ago and everything was working fine but i am not sure if this problem started since the latest OS update to lion, is there any compatibility problem with it?

PD I have also double checked on my ISP IP and it is correct so no idea of what is happening.

Please help

• 1. Re: Host not showing files
          philmodjunk

Here's one possibility:

Windows Systems: FMP installer does not install server.pem file

Mac Systems: Can't login to FMS database on new Mac, other Macs can

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:   http://www.4shared.com/file/8orL8apk/FMP_Bugs.html

• 2. Re: Host not showing files
            AlexTorry

Thanks for your post Phil but I think it is not my case though, here is why:

-I am not using filemaker server, only filemaker pro 11.0v3 to host the file

-I checked on the server.pem file and it seems ok, plus i tried to host the file with other 2 macs with the same result, one of which still runs on snow leopard.

-I can access the files through the local network but whenever i try from outside, the host shows no files, so i am begining to think that has something to do with my network config although i haven´t changed anything since it was working fine.

Here is what i have done so far:

-Checked on the file's sharing options, everything seems to be fine: Active and All Users Checked.

-Checked my ISP's IP to be sure it is correct when adding it to favorite hosts on the remote computer

-Checked on my port forwarding settings so ports 5002 to 5004 are open and directed to the host's IP Address 192.168.100.xxx

-Checked on the Host's IP address to be static and that it corresponds to the one directed on the port forwarding configuration

-Checked that the host's and router's firewalls are off

-Recovered the file on filemaker pro advanced and it is not corrupt

........ Im running out of ideas.......

Please help!

• 3. Re: Host not showing files
              AlexTorry

Still no idea... Please help me

• 4. Re: Host not showing files
                harrisonsa

Hi, did you ever solve this?

• 5. Re: Host not showing files
                  AlexTorry

I found out what the problem was, the thing was that my ISP put me under a NAT service so there is no way to locate the server from the outside because I am sharing an IP address with who knows how many people, worst of this is that to get my own IP they´re now charging something like 80 USD monthly.

I never got it because it is really expensive so I am now thinking about having my solution hosted by an online company that provides this kind of service like worldcloud....

Bummer huh?