1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 3:24 PM by philmodjunk

Hours not to exceed/ Max hours

thunderbirdadvisors

Title

Hours not to exceed/ Max hours

I have an hours goal, which can be manually inputed based on a particular client. 

I have an Hours Total = Total of Hours

I have Hours Needed which is a running summary of of the Hours Total vs what the inputed Goal is.

How could I add another option in to warn me if I am getting close to an "hours not to exceed" total, which may be inputed manually depending on the client/project? 

Thanks in advance!

Screen_Shot_2015-06-15_at_2.28.04_PM.png

• 1. Re: Hours not to exceed/ Max hours
          philmodjunk

For sake of example, I will assume that the max not to exceed is over all time billing data for the same project. The same method shown here works for a limit for one employee's work on a given project as well--you'd just set up a different relationship.

Set up a self join linking Time Billing Data to another occurrence of the same base table by _fkProject

Time Billing Data::_fkProject = Time Billing Data|SameProject::_fkProject

a calculation field define to evaluate from the context of Time Billing Data might use this expression:

If ( Projects::MaxTime - Sum ( Time Billing Data|SameProject::Hours ) < 10 ; "Warning: Max Time Limit close or exceeded" )

To show a warning when the total time is within 10 hours of Projects. A Case function might be used to display multiple messages.