AnsweredAssumed Answered

How are FMP Adv, FMP Server, FMGO, Instant Web Publishing related

Question asked by jfeeney123321 on Jan 1, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 1, 2014 by TKnTexas

Title

How are FMP Adv, FMP Server, FMGO, Instant Web Publishing related

I'm using FMP-12 Advanced to develop my application. I just purchased an iPad and FM Go to try out my application and I have been trying to review the FMP Server requirements in order to spec out and purchase a server. Now in walks FMP-13 with Web Publishing capabilities ..... and no training out yet. I'm having trouble grasping the roll of each component ( FMP-Adv, FMP Go, FMP-Server, Instant Web Publishing etc. to implement my application on a website (my own or a hosted web site). In the past FMP has be very good at little video clips showing how FMP Adv > FMP Server > FM GO > the iPad all rolled out but right now I don't understand it and I am very reluctant to purchase a server (low end as it may be) and FMP Server without better understanding how or what roll each plays . . . off hand it seems that if I go the FMP-13 Server rout , I don't need the iPad or FM-Go anymore .... but I don't know. Hoping for a little blurb out that that explains it ..... and don't say that it is already out there today 1/1/14 because I can't agree. But thanks for any suggestions you can make. Jack

Outcomes