2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 9:49 AM by JamesHarmon

How can I add additional information fields (columns) to my Excel output?

JamesHarmon

Title

How can I add additional information fields (columns) to my Excel output?

When exporting FM to Excel, it does not output all the information that is input to FM.  There are many fields that are left out that I would like to add to my Excel output.  I'm taking the output information and pulling it into our records database but I have to go in an add all the fields that are not output and it's redundant since I have already entered the information once.

I'm hoping to be able to hand select exactly what information gets output to Excel.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How can I add additional information fields (columns) to my Excel output?
          philmodjunk

There are two methods for exporting to Excel: Save as Excel and Export records. Which method are you using?

Both methods can be used to produce an Excel file and there are options with both methods that allow you to include additional fields.

But the precise details will differ.

Another key detail is whether the additional fields that you want to include are defined in the same table as that from which you are currently creating the Excel file or from a related table. If they are from a related table, they can still be part of the export, but the relationship will play a role in what data is exported from the related table.

• 2. Re: How can I add additional information fields (columns) to my Excel output?
            JamesHarmon

Hello!  Thanks for the quick response...I was using the one touch "Save as Excel" button and that outputs about 10 columns worth of information.  After I read your message and went to "File-Export Records" and I was able to find a set (Current Table) that had all the information entered on the order page so I hit the "Move All" button and selected "Excel .xls" and hit the Export button and it worked like a charm!

This is going to help us in the office tremendously.  We have to enter things several times in different Excel forms (containing different information) and I'm in the process of us being able to export all this information to various other Excel forms.

Thanks again!