2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2010 7:28 AM by Lucien

How can I bring iCal application in foreground with a script, a second time without closing iCal.

Lucien

Title

How can I bring iCal application in foreground with a script, a second time without closing iCal.

I am working with Filmaker 9 Pro on a iMac. Not shared.

In one of my solutions, I fill out a form. At a certain point, I want to bring up iCal so that I can enter a note or an appointment on a certain date.
      In my script I have: send event ("iCal";aevt";oapp";"") and I checked  Bring target app to foreground. Here is the problem. I works fine the first time
      when iCal is not running. The script bring iCal in the front screen and I enter whatever then I just send in out without closing it.
      If I do the script again, and iCal is in background (not closed) it does not come on the foreground! I don't want to close iCal all the time because 
      my appointments pops up during the day, so it has to be running in background. Any suggestions on how to bring it again in foreground? I usually
      will have 5 different Filmaker windows running in background (different solutions). 
      I am an intermediate user,I guess!
      Merci
      Lou