1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2010 3:40 AM by comment_1

How can I create a previous balance field I can use to calculate a new balance?

bwbono

Title

How can I create a previous balance field I can use to calculate a new balance?

I am using 2 tables in a database...one named BANKBOOK, which holds all transactions and another table called STATEMENTS, which allows for a portal of BANKBOOK showing only the transactions by related statement number. For example, statement number 45 has 6 transactions and shows a Statement summary of $150. I would like to be able to also show the previous statement (44)  balance so I can use it to calculate the currently viewed statement. So, if statement 44 had a balance of $50, I could then see that on statement 45 (with it's statement summary of $150) that I actually have a true balance of $200.

I just cannot seem to make this happen correctly. I hope I have explained the problem clearly enough.

My main goal in this is to be able to look through each STATEMENT and see exactly where I stand at any point in time, to control.