AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I create a table relationship that is based on contains a value rather than equals a value?

Question asked by disabled_dconnect on Apr 10, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 by disabled_dconnect

Title

How can I create a table relationship that is based on contains a value rather than equals a value?

Hi,

I'm sure I've been advised this before; however, I doubted my FM skills and that made me shy away from asking more.

How do I create a relationship between two tables to create a portal that filters results based on its table's relationship with the table layout it is nested in.

I can easily do this for equals to, does not equal too; however, I have no idea how to create a relationship between tables that is based on contains.

My filters currently use equations like this:

not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( staff table main table 2::staff reference number ; staff table main table::staff reference number that this staff member knows) )

Basically, this equation filters shows only members of staff that the current member of staff (i.e., the record I'm viewing) has a relationship with. I use this type of filter to ensure if they have a relationship with staff number 10 staff number 100 is also not shown.

Many thanks

Outcomes